As a full service tutoring center, we are dedicated to ensuring that we do all that we can to help your student succeed academically, and beyond. As the result of this commitment, we go the extra mile, by offering cutting edge assessment tools, which help us identify the best way we can help your child excel in their education.
Consider that no two people are alike. That means that every student will have his or her own, unique cognitive skills and strengths. Since cognitive skills identify how a student learns best, it’s vital to know what cognitive strengths and weaknesses your child has when it comes to learning. Unfortunately, most schools never test cognitive skills, so parents and students are often in the dark as to how to best help their students to succeed academically.
So how do you go about discovering how your child best grasps and retains new material they are being taught?
Mindprint Learning provides precisely that type of assessment. It is essentially a blueprint of how a child learns best. Mindprint was developed at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. As an educational technology company, Mindprint provides a thorough learning profile of a student, after they have completed a one-hour online cognitive assessment test. Once the profile is provided, parents, teachers, and tutors are armed with incredibly powerful insight into how a student can achieve her full potential, through ensuring they are in an environment conducive to success.
During the cognitive assessment test, Mindprint evaluates 10 primary cognitive skills which are crucial to learning proficiency. These skills include:
- Abstract Reasoning (ability to interpret non-verbal information, such as numbers, shapes, and patterns)
- Attention (student’s ability to sustain focus, irrespective of level of interest in the task)
- Flexible Thinking (how well a student can receive feedback and adapt to new instructions)
- Processing Speed (how fast a student grasps and responds to new information)
- Spatial Perception (student’s ability to understand how objects relate in space)
- Verbal Memory (ability to remember and recall language-based information over time)
- Verbal Reasoning (ability to interpret language-based tasks)
- Visual Memory (student’s ability to remember and recall objects and pictures over time)
- Visual Motor Speed (how quickly a student’s eyes and hands work together)
- Working Memory (student’s ability to mentally juggle multiple pieces of information for a short time)
Through assessing and evaluating these strengths, Mindprint helps to identify areas where students are especially strong or gifted and any challenges to learning they may have. This way parents and tutors can best support students in their learning efforts. In addition to providing the revealing results of the Mindprint cognitive test, recommendations for how to best take tests in school, how to best complete homework, and how to best engage the student are provided.
Today, Mindprint is one of the most valid and reliable cognitive testing assessments available, documented in NIH-sponsored studies and peer reviewed journals. It is also the first test of its kind to be available to students to take at the time of their choosing, so that the student is relaxed and positioned to perform at his very best.
We proudly offer and recommend Mindprint cognitive testing, in addition to private, one-on-one tutoring, small group classes, and comprehensive test prep, and professional college counseling. Contact us today to learn more.